Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPS parts on STI gun

Dead Buff

A friend of mine blew up the grip of his STI racegun. Due to the exchange rate to the US$ STI/SVI parts are real expensive around here.

Now the Q: Does a SPS grip fit on the STI frame plug and play, including all internals? And will a SPS mag work in a STI?

SPS seems a lot cheaper than STI/SVI. STI grips sell locally, if you can get them, for about N$1200 (±US$190) and 170mm mags go for about the same. SPS grips are Euro 47 and the mag Euro 53......

Thanks for the help

DB, I have an SPS grip for sale in the classified section of these forums (here), and I am willing to lower the price a bit, but I have a hard time in competing with the price you quote (47 :blink: euros).

Is that a typo or is it the correct price you can find them in your country?

BTW, a teammate of mines a couple of years ago broke his SVI grip and replaced it with an SPS one, thus I believe interchangeability is granted, but you might want to ask forum member Julien Boit about this, since he played a lot with STI and SPS.

Tnx for the reply Sky....

I got the 47 euro price for the grip off the SPS Webpage. This is for the grip only. They quote the grip + trigger + MSH for 47 + 5 + 12 euro. All excl VAT and shipping.

For the grip alone, all inclusive, I estimate landed cost here of about 80-90 euro (± N$700 - 750)

1911/2011 part are non-existent in Namibia. We import or make ALL parts...triggers, sights, mags, slide stops, barrel links....ALL of it <_<

I got the 47 euro price for the grip off the SPS Webpage. This is for the grip only. They quote the grip + trigger + MSH for 47 + 5 + 12 euro. All excl VAT and shipping.

Incredible...

The price more than doubles that if I buy the same SPS parts here in Italy.

BTW, you don't need the mainspring housing (5 euros), because it's already included in the grip package, according to the page you linked... ;)

Grips are swapable, but there might be some gap between frame itself and the grip.

It's only an aesthetical issue.

SPS sold a looooot of stuff during the europeans, thanks to their new prices :blink:

As for the mags, I do not recommmend you to use .40 mags from SPS, their lips are too soft.

I never had any problem with their 9mm/38 super counterparts.

Heck, for 47 Euros per SPS grip frame, it is worth it to mails order one to the US - even with the international shipping! There are no customs duties or reporting requirements on gun parts valued under $100.

As for magazines, I find SV tubes to be of the best quality but apparently they did not produce any in anticipation of the end of the AWB & now demand has skyrocketed.