Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

lightened trigger bar

thompsoncustom

Well finally got around to trying my hand at lightening the trigger bar, never found any drill bits that would go through it and didn't want to anneal it so I ended up grinding my way through it. Project turned out alright went a little thin in some spots but as long as it holds i guess, haven't tested it yet so we will see.

Picture2049_zps7184fde0.jpg

I ended up having to grind mine down. Truthfully I can't really tell a difference at 2.5#, but it was a fun experiment. Eventually I will get unlazy and stabilize my sear cage just to see if I can get down o a sub 2# trigger.

Ya same reason I did it as I don't compete as of now but I got bored and did this right after I stabilized my sear cage which is kind of funny. I think I can fell a little difference but it could just be in my head to :wacko:. I did end up ordering a digital grain scale so hopefully I can get it weighted. Anyone have the weight of a stock trigger bar?

Sear cage:

Pretty easy to do with a little time just order some tool steel drill rods in .086 for a new #19 pin and some .116 for a new #13 pin then they need to be fitted and that's it.