Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

warne ramp mount

RickeyT

One of the best scopes until last year was the U S Optics with the Lund reticle. Now 1-6 is the rage. I agree with Sleepswithdogs the best thing to do is mount a good but less expensive scope on the .22 upper. I have a Nikon on my .22 for practice and rimfire matches and it is plenty of scope.

One of the best scopes until last year was the U S Optics with the Lund reticle. Now 1-6 is the rage. I agree with Sleepswithdogs the best thing to do is mount a good but less expensive scope on the .22 upper. I have a Nikon on my .22 for practice and rimfire matches and it is plenty of scope.

I really like Eric's reticle that he designed but I did not care for the US optics scope. Main reason was the illuminaiton was lacking and #2 it was only 1-4. The SWAR has been out for a while longer than the last year. Still think that is the best scope at this point in my opinion. I am not saying the US optics scope sucked. It was a solid optic. Just prefer daylight bright illumination and a 1-6 scope.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I too would have to agree with pat. I have looked through several US optics and have not been impressed.... they make a good optic but are too heavy and overpriced for what they are.... just my opinion though.... Thanks jaxshooter thats probably exactly what ill do for my 22. Decent rings and cheaper scope.

In my opinion, QD mounts are not all that. You need a torque driver anyways to work on your guns and a mount that takes 2 minutes to take off and torque to another upper vs one that takes 15 seconds, that's nothing. You probably brush your teeth longer than that. Plus, the peace of mind from one less thing you have to wonder about. I like to know the problems I have when shooting are all my fault, not my gear. Put the money towards a better torque driver, you'll get more use out of it.

I prefer QD for a lot of reasons. I can have a back up optic ready to go already sighted in at a match if needed. I can remove the optic for cleaning without losing zero. I can swap optics from rifle to rifle assuming I keep my dope corrections for each gun in my range good. So for me yes QD is all that.

Pat

I just wanted to point out you can also do the same with a properly set up torque driver and literally an extra minute or two.

Who doesn't take a set of tools and spare parts to a match with them?

;)

In my opinion, QD mounts are not all that. You need a torque driver anyways to work on your guns and a mount that takes 2 minutes to take off and torque to another upper vs one that takes 15 seconds, that's nothing. You probably brush your teeth longer than that. Plus, the peace of mind from one less thing you have to wonder about. I like to know the problems I have when shooting are all my fault, not my gear. Put the money towards a better torque driver, you'll get more use out of it.

I prefer QD for a lot of reasons. I can have a back up optic ready to go already sighted in at a match if needed. I can remove the optic for cleaning without losing zero. I can swap optics from rifle to rifle assuming I keep my dope corrections for each gun in my range good. So for me yes QD is all that.

Pat

I just wanted to point out you can also do the same with a properly set up torque driver and literally an extra minute or two.

Who doesn't take a set of tools and spare parts to a match with them?

;)

You're right you should have tools with you and if you go non QD I think Warne is top notch.

Pat

Thanks Jesse that's the conclusion I'm getting to.... Great mount as long as you can mount it far enough forward on the rails to get a good eye relief. Might have to play with it once I get the gun and scope in. Then buy the mount accordingly.