Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6.5 Creedmore loads

mike4045

Anyone loading 6.5 Creedmore? Looking for good bullet powder combo? I have looked for h4350 but can't find any in stock. I only have Varget in stock and a little 4895. I am looking at Sierra 142 gr match kings and Hornady 140 gr bullets. Debating trying the Lapua scenar bullets. I have a 24" Criterion barrel coming and a Rolling thunder comp. I will be using it on my AR 10 platform. I plan to use it out to 1200 yds.

Mike

Varget will work for light bullets, but for 140s you really need H4350. Ive seen loads posted w RL17 and 4831sc(i think thats it anyway). H4350 is way more temp stable than rl17.

Put some 4350 on back order, and try to find factory ammo as a source for brass. It really is a wash money wise for the first load. When i worked up my load the most accurate was the load on the box. Even though factory stuff is faster than my loads,

• 1 month later...

Since you're looking to push it to the limit, H4350 is pretty much the most optimal powder at the present for the 140's. Rl-17 will actually net you a marked velocity increase, however, it also comes with an even larger throat erosion as a side effect. If you are willing to shoot the 120's, Varget is the factory prescibed powder for that weight and if you have that, it might get you by until you can get some 4350.