Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broke 60% of an open shooter

hopalong

Well it could have waited, or maybe not.

Last week I traveled to Memphis and shot in their monthly match...

One of my goals for the year was to shoot 60% or better for the Match of the match winner (in Memphis that is usually a GM or M open shooter)

I have been pushing hard the last 2 weeks trying to shorten my times of field courses and it has payed off.... to a certain extent we will see after next week.

any way I ended up with a 65.6% of the Match winner, :D M-open

I only had 1 stage that I would like to have back and looking at the results, so would most everyone else. <_<

A good boost of confidence right before USPSA Nationals :)

Just maybe don't get too over confident? :huh:

Oh well 2 of the 5 major goals conquered 3 to go !!!

Hopalong B- Revolver

Thanks guys :)

for those going to Nationals, Good Luck my Friend CJL32 and I are on squad 13

For those not Making USPSA Nationals but getting to go play at IDPA Nats, GOOD LUCK.

for those not getting to go to either, Sorry maybe next year.

And the South Eastern Revolver Championship is not going to happen in 2004 but am working on 2005 maybe about 3 weeks before Nationals????

Spook, hurry up and get that education, make some $$$$ and come show us what the European Revolver Champ can do.

Hopalong

• 2 weeks later...

Froglegs,

here they are:

1 break 2 seconds on reload (revolver) done.

2 get 60% or better for the Match at one of the bigger local matches where there are good shooters Open and limited Ms and GMs Done

3 Win either IDPA or USPSA revolver Division at a major match: Done

( IDPA indoor championships Memphis) Revolver winner and 14th overall, 70 shooters + or - but still have not given up on USPSA

4 M card in USPSA --- only started shooting wheel gun last winter so hoping to go from C to M in less than a Year.

5 M card in IDPA ----- I don't practice any classifiers in either USPSA or IDPA and shot the IDPA classifier in August moved from Sharp shooter to Expert, missed M by 5 seconds.... on one string at 7 or 10 yards you shoot 2 each( 3 targets,) reload and 1 each strong hand after shooting 2 each I got brain fart and forgot to reload and shoot strong hand just stood there with empty gun showing clear for at least 4 seconds then remembered to reload and shoot strong hand.

and the bonus:

overall stage win at large local match: Done see thread of 2.83 bang and Clang

Am getting close on the last two as I now have an 87% and the Bang and Clang will be acording to Ron Ankeley 94% the others are all in the 70% + range except for one which bumped out a 74%.

And don't think any more IDPA classifiers are going t be shot around here but am shooting the TN State match in about a month, if I don't screw up and actually win with some Masters there those guys will move you up in class.

There you go, Hopalongs goals for 2004 maybe I will get all 5 maybe not but it is not for lack of trying.

Good luck to the rest of ya'll on your goals

Hopalong / Sam Keen