Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Collapsible stock on a 20" AR?

chp5

Silly question: Can I use a collapsible stock on a 20” AR? Will the shorter buffer and spring work with the full length gas system?

I know it’s silly, but I just really like the 6 position collapsible stocks and, with a little luck, the AWB will sunset in a few days.

Thanks.

Cy

Yes.

As long as you use the carbine buffer, spring, and receiver extension (aka buffer tube) for a carbine stock, and the rifle-length buffer, spring, and rifle receiver extension for a rifle stock, it will work fine.

You get into trouble when you do something like use a carbine buffer in a rifle tube. The gas key will smash into the receiver.

-z

Yes.

As long as you use the carbine buffer, spring, and receiver extension (aka buffer tube) for a carbine stock, and the rifle-length buffer, spring, and rifle receiver extension for a rifle stock, it will work fine.

You get into trouble when you do something like use a carbine buffer in a rifle tube. The gas key will smash into the receiver.

-z

Thanks Zak.

Just so I'm clear on your advise, let me paraphrase. As long as I use the parts that come with the collapsible stock kit assembly (and don't mix and match parts), then it should work.

Correct?

Thanks.