Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification Top Six Scores?

56hawk

Trying to make Master class, and the scores used for the top six doesn't seem to follow the rules. I have a 69% score being used in my calculation even though this shouldn't be used since it is more than 5% below the minimum score for A class. Anyone know how USPSA actually decides which scores to use?

Trying to make Master class, and the scores used for the top six doesn't seem to follow the rules. I have a 69% score being used in my calculation even though this shouldn't be used since it is more than 5% below the minimum score for A class. Anyone know how USPSA actually decides which scores to use?

Look under Column "F" on your classification. Only those with "F" and "Y" are considered for the calculation with the two "F" scores being dropped. Your comment "top six" is incomplete. Its the "most recent top six" that are used. Once you have shot enough classifiers with the "Y" or "F" tag, the prior classifiers, even though they may be higher than the current scores, are no longer used in the calculation.

This also explains why many shooters have a "High PCT" greater than their current "PCT".

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Did you get while you were still B class?

Yeah it is. What I'm really trying to figure out is when I shoot my next classifier is it going to get rid of the 69% score, or a 75% score that's the oldest of my most recent eight.

The next classifier on your list with a "Y" will knock off the 75.491% score. The next to go will be the 73.666% and then the 69.2247% score.

You will not be able to make "M" with just one more classifier.

If I did the math correctly, to make that magic 85% level, the next classifier would need to be 109% (i.e. impossible). The 69% score is killing you.

If your next two classifiers average 91.83% you've hit it.

If your next three classifiers average 84.3% you will make it by the skin of your teeth. The 69% one is finally out of the equation and that 91% one will put you over the top.

Good luck and let us know when you get there.

Bil

Headquarters fixed the mistake on my classification, here is the response:

Hello Michael,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Apparently we have a problem with the program that processes classifier files. I will have to find out what's wrong with it. I'm very surprised we haven't seen this before since we've been using the program for a long time.

Anyway, you are correct about your percentage. We really don't have a way to update the web site with individual scores like this, but I have reflagged them and fixed the percentage in our database here. Your current and high percentage is 74.9679.

Roger

Talk about a kick in the nuts....I couldn't have missed A by a narrower margin if I tried.

Thanks, I was hoping that 61% would go away and make it a little easier for me. Shouldn't make it that much harder to do in two matches though, and doing it in three should be easy.

Headquarters fixed the mistake on my classification

Was your low scores from when you were in C class, or after you got moved up to B? It's sounding like mine isn't a mistake, I'm just reading the rules differently. There doesn't seem to be a clarification in the rules about what, "5% below the member’s current classification," means if you level up.

Thanks, I was hoping that 61% would go away and make it a little easier for me. Shouldn't make it that much harder to do in two matches though, and doing it in three should be easy.

Headquarters fixed the mistake on my classification

Was your low scores from when you were in C class, or after you got moved up to B? It's sounding like mine isn't a mistake, I'm just reading the rules differently. There doesn't seem to be a clarification in the rules about what, "5% below the member’s current classification," means if you level up.

Those low scores were from this months classifier match. Tried to burn them down and paid the price. I've been a B shooter since April so they shouldn't have counted at all. But the issue is fixed.

I think it had to do with me getting my initial classification in Limited. Either way the issue got noted and fixed.