Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 9mm mag capacity

Powerslide91

I recently picked up an STI Tactical to use in 3 gun. It came with several factory 140mm mags. From playing around it looks like the original mags will hold 20 rounds reloadable. I then tried adding a Dawson SNL quick release base pad and a Grams followers with 11 coil spring. The same tube will now hold 22 rounds reloadable. I have not run matches with these mags so I am not yet positive if they are 100% reliable.

I have found a lot of threads on STI mags, but the majority of them are about 40cal. Anyone have any insight on what the max possible might be for the 9mm mags? I guess between some threads that state the 40cal configs are carrying at least as many if not more, and the fact that my XD mags hold 20 but are a bit narrower than the STI tubes, I was expecting a bit more... No real complaints, just curious.

Thanks.

Taran put his parts in/on my SV 140's. 3 will get an easy reloadable 23 and one will get 24 but not reloadable. He says they'll fit the gauge. He might be able to do the same with STI's

Edited by TMC