Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reduced sized pistol targets for pistol ? (as used in Multi-Gun)

Flexmoney

My only concern with reduced size targets is that they will likely need to be replaced more often than full size targets. That wouldn't be a bid deal for a level 2 and up match, but for club matches it could be problematic.

I mean, if you consider how difficult it can be sometimes to read scoring lines on full size targets that are shot-up, imagine shrinking the targets and the scoring zones.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear thoughts on allowing the use of reduced sized paper targets in USPSA pistol matches. These are already floating around out there, and are in use for multi-gun matches.

Is there any big down side to giving the Match Director some options? I know that I have Match Directors in the Indiana and Michigan Sections that are for them.

They allow for simulating distance on shooting bays/positions that otherwise would be troublesome. (Sure, you can paint up lots of hardcover and such...extra work, and doesn't quite do the same job.)

The mini targets were in use at the most recent world shoot. I *think* they used them on 2 stages.

I didn't really care one way or the other.. but they sure do make the bullet holes look big.