Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When to disclose to your new girlfriend that you shoot guns ALL the ti

I don't carry a gun on dates or until before things have escalated. Grabbing someone's Glock on the first date may or may not be a turn-on.

If you're hugging girls while carrying and they can't tell - you need to hug more girls or carry a bigger gun. XD

I've told them I'm a shooter as soon as they ask what I do for a living - but never before.

I never initiatie conversations about firearms with non-shooters in order to be more "well-rounded" - but funny enough, people will ALWAYS ask me about shooting in settings with new friends and family. (Usually for shooting lessons, advice, etc :lol:)

Edited by DyNo!

I can't tell you the number of girls I dated that upon disclosure, asked me if I could take them shooting. in CA no less! I had a couple hippies that weren't cool with it, but I'm not that attracted to hippies so it works out nicely!

Just remember, BUY ALL YOUR TOYS BEFORE YOU GET MARRIED.

Not true, I've bought motorcycles, guns, four wheelers, cars, and dirt bikes since I got married 17 years ago. My wife rides and shoots with me, never been a problem.

Sent from my rotary dial phone

• 2 weeks later...

From the get go. Many if not all are interested and say they want to try shooting and are looking for advice on what to buy.

It also puts them in a good mood post-shooting (I will withhold details).

Edited by NicVerAZ