Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Job for M&P 15-22

Suicycle

Has anybody dug into the m&p rifle to lighten up the trigger? I hafe a friend that is looking to lighten up his and I said I would do the leg work. Is it a hammer, sear, spring kit, or stone and polish the factory stuff? Just looking at my options.

Has anybody dug into the m&p rifle to lighten up the trigger? I hafe a friend that is looking to lighten up his and I said I would do the leg work. Is it a hammer, sear, spring kit, or stone and polish the factory stuff? Just looking at my options.

It uses standard ar trigger parts.

I polished the engagement surfaces to mine and added the JP yellow spring kit. For about $10 it improved the trigger considerably. You can put most ar triggers in there but be careful about going to light as some have experienced light primer strikes and fail to fire. For me the greased surfaces of the hammer, polishing and springs make it crisp and light enough for me. I use it as a practice rifle and find the trigger close to my comp rifle with a JP EZ Trigger in it. Obviously not as nice but close enough for the 22. Try the springs I think you'll like them.