Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Club Level Matches

Why do some club level matches have you document your division however when the scores come out everyone is lumped together....laziness? I am "new shooter" at this club and would like to address this issue in a tactful manner. Does anyone have a program that might make the scoring more feasible per division?

club matches will sometimes post overall scores so that everyone can see where they were for the day. so maybe you didnt beat Production GM bob but you shot 1% higher than limited 10 B george.

the full breakdown is usually posted to USPSA.com under match results

Sometimes there aren't enough people shooting in a division to make scores within that division mean anything. A local 3 gun here often only has 3-6 people in Open division. Heavy Metal participation can be even less. Getting 100 points in every stage doesn't really tell me how well I am doing; being able to compare my scores to someone in Tac-Scope that is a much better shooter than I am is sometimes beneficial.

Ideally for local matches I like being able to see results by division and overall (with overall points being determined by the fastest on each stage regardless of division).

We used to do it that way when we used Palms because it made it very simple. Now that our club has gone to IMGA scoring, I use a program that not only gives an overall breakdown, but also a division breakdown.

When you say division do you mean multigun class i.e. tac ops, tac lim, or open? Or do you mean by USPSA divison i.e. lim 10, production etc?

Edited by urikagold

I had the same problem at my club when they started having 3 gun matches. I simply asked them if they could break it down by division. They honestly hadn't thought about doing it that way. It wasn't to much more work for the score keeper.

Tom