Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited VS Tactical?

After looking at the 2012 USPSA Multigun Rules online, it appears to me that the only difference between the tactical division and the limited division is that in tactical you are allowed a max of one optic on the rifle, regardless of magnification/variable powered, while in limited you're allowed one non-magnified/varibale powered.

Does that mean that in limited you could technically have multiple optics on the rifle, as long as one is non-magnified/variable powered?

Also, aside from what's in the USPSA rulebook, is there somewhere that has a list or a description of what is/isn't allowed to be changed/modified on a pistol for the limited division?

Thank you in advance for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed in some matches you can run a variable in tac optic/scope and still run irons at the 45, but if you run a dot at the 45 it puts you in open. Is that a common thing? I know at some other matches you can run backup irons on the same plane in limited and in some you can't, it can only be a dot or irons. Now I have three rifles set up, one for open, irons, and a limited gun--all in all good excuse to buy more carbines/rifles, lol.

JG

Tac allows for irons(offset or same plane) and a magnified optic. You are correct that an offset or something like an RMR on top of an ACOG would be open as it has a magnified optic alongside a battery powered one.

For limited I was told at the TMGC earlier this year that I could not have my fixed BUIS with my T1 as that would count for 2 optics and put me into tactical.