Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warne RAMP + Burris Fastfire III = Ooops!

michael1778

I have a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x capped turret scope on a Warne RAMP mount. The idea was to move the existing Burris Fastfire III (3 MOA) I have on another rifle to this mount's offset position. I'm a right handed shooter and rotate my rifle counterclockwise from the main optic to the offset mini red dot. The problem is that the Burris on/off switch is on the left side of the optic. That puts it almost touching the mounted Vortex scope magnification ring, ocular, etc.....the fat end. I can't get a finger, or even a small tool, in reliably to activate/deactivate the sight. Once I get the switchview lever on there it will only get worse!

If the FF3 had the switch "on top" or directly to the rear in the middle, there wouldn't be any problem. So far, my measuring shows this won't work regardless of how you try it moving the Vortex fore and aft, but I'll look one more time. For you lefties that mount the optic on the left and rotate clockwise for the offset, this should be fine.

I like the mount, in general. I definitely like the scope very much. The capped turrets are lower profile and keep out of the way of the offset sight. I very much like the reticle, also. And the Burris in 3MOA is a nice offset sight for Open without breaking the bank. I simply needed to do more research ahead of time before I made the mount purchase. Please don't make my mistake. :(

-- Mike

I have a couple of Burris FastFire sights and I just glue the switch in the ON position and use the cap to shut it off (it's not really OFF but so dim it does not use much power). Batteries still last through a whole season.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.