Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para sx1640sr

thebadger

I ordered the SX1640SR (high cap .40 stainless with the new power extractor) during "Para Day" at a local gun store back in May. Para has been promising they would be "ready" to ship but are backed up. Now, Para is telling me they will ship in October.

Anyone know what the hold up is.

Thanks

thebadger

badger,

I had one on order since January, (standard extractor) when they came out with the power extractor I upgraded my order (JUNE/JULY).

Got it Middle of August, was one of the first ones to ship. all others are going to distributors first then single and personal orders.

They had the S1640SR on back order back in January, a few of thier suppliers were running behind, and are trying to catch up.

Mine is seemingly put together a little better than my first 2 S1640SR s and the finish (sterling) is quite attractive, good looking gun. I have yet to fire it as I am getting ready to shoot the USPSA nationals with the wheel gun and really don't have the time to do much "goofing around"

be patient, it will show.

Sam Keen AKA Hopalong.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered it from a local dealer here in Ohio. I believe they got it from Accu-Sport, a large distributor (or possibly they ordered it directly from Para).

I would call Para and tell them you want one and where you should go to get it.

Good luck.

thebader

PS only got 2 - 10 round mags with a "coupon" to buy two hi caps at $65 dollars apiece. I'm assuming the cost should be dropping soon.