Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Parts

CZMike

Mike as I'm sure you've starting to figure out, CZ slides are hard to come by; CZC has them in stock randomly, but other than that, sometimes you can get lucky and find someone parting out a gun like I did. I have a Tactical Sport in .40 with an SP01 compensated 9mm upper in the works, does that sound like what you want to do? I threaded a Tactical Sport 9mm barrel to accept small frame Tanfoglio comps available through Numrich; if I ever get serious, I might go for a more modern comp design with tighter tolerances (I'll probably need to thread a new barrel at that time).

If you're looking to put a Tactical Sport .40 slide on your 75 frame, once you locate one, it's going to take some fitting; your dust cover is about .08" too narrow for the TS slide (not the rails, but below where the recoil spring is housed). Besides that, your standard frame mags will have a capacity handicap vs the TS (140mm mags will hold 14-15 vs 20-21).

If you just want a standard length slide in .40, you might be best to just get a CZ75 in .40, remove the firing pin block and fit it to your Shadow lower.

2012-10-10_20-13-34_927.jpg

2012-10-29_13-17-33_999.jpg

Something you should know about barrels Mike: the standard 75B 9mm barrel has an OD of .504" and the .40 cal 75B, Champion (CZ USA sells a factory threaded (M14X1) barrel for the Champion, but the overall length is 4.5", so you would have to use a custom cone comp, or cut off a standard slide to use it), Tactical Sport, SP01 and Shadow use both 9mm and .40 cal barrels with an OD of .550"; in theory you could use a set of increasing drill bits to open up a .504" slide to accept a .550" barrel (I've done this with the exit hole for the guide rod to index the comp with a Witness long slide guide rod), but the opposite would be VERY difficult (involves removing the factory barrel bushing and replacing it with a custom one). There are also a few different variations in the design of the barrel lug I've seen in different models/calibers, which introduce fitment issues.

If there are any specifics or pictures you want to see, PM me and I'll try to help. Maybe one day, I'll write a post with all the things I've experienced with CZs and clones.