Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My bad reloading technique

NicVerAZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItBpVrQfhso

Jump to :30.

I am very aware of the fact that I keep my finger in the trigger guard and I am working on that. This was a club match and the SO did not catch it obviously.

I have been told that I hold my pistol too high when reloading. Even if this is IDPA on the video, I shoot both games. How close am I to break 180? How high are you allowed to go?

Thanks for the help

Too high meaning you are pointing the muzzle too high? Does not look like it to me. I don't think that there are 180s in IDPA. At least there used to not be. As long as you are at a safe direction, it's OK. There is a 180 in USPSA though. You are not allowed to break the 180 in any direction. You are allowed to be at the 179.9... ;) However, certain clubs or ranges have a limit of where you can point the muzzle. Some outdoor clubs don't allow the muzzle to be pointed over the berm and some indoor clubs don't allow you to point at the ceiling.

Edited by racerba

for USPSA you can go 90deg up, down, left and right. IDPA can have local range rules that could restrict the "safe" muzzle angle, but not in USPSA

as far as I can tell from the video you have a long way to go before you get in trouble. as for the finger in the trigger guard its really hard to tell in the video if the finger is in or out it could be out but just to the right hand side of the opening, or it could be just inside, not enough in the video to make a call on that.

Mike

Mike