Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just got the Magnetospeed chrono. Great!

I used the new chrono today. Shot an M1 30-06, python 357mag, S&W model 29 44 mag and a colt diamondback 38spl and it all worked perfectly. I love this new toy. Set-up is easy and doesn't matter what the lighting conditions are. You don't go down range so you can use it any time, at an inside or outdoor range. Expensive but worth it. I checked a lot of reloads in many calibers today, and never left the bench. It has a chip to download to a computer. One wire goes to a readout screen. The small screen is right there and easy to read. All shots are shown. Max,min, SD and ES are calculated. Can't be used on a semi pistol. I'll keep my other set-up for those. No more lighting or muzzle blast problems. Can't tell if the guns were accurate with the unit attached as I wasn't shooting for score.

There has been some discussion about using one with a semi-auto. Some people have been able to attach the bayonet to a jig and just rest the gun on it.

As to the effect on accuracy, I shot a series of strings with different powder loads in my .308 Rem 700 and it didn't seem to effect the groups more than a tiny bit. I could easily get a 100yd sub MOA group with my best load.