Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

East Coast (PA) ICORE match

EricBudd

Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club will be hosting an ICORE match on September 26, 2004. The match begins at 9am and should run to 4pm and will consist of the 4 "Postal Match" stages as well as 3 additional stages. If you haven't tried ICORE and you are local you really should. It is a blast and is 6 round neutral.

Match fee is $30 for trophy class and $65 for the money class. At least 1 S&W pistol will be given out by chance to the shooters. I understabd that S&W will donate 1 pistol for every 20 competors who shoot the match. (On the downside, if you win the pistol you must join ICORE to collect your prize.)

Your can vist the club's web site http://www.ontelaunee.org/ for more information.

ICORE is basically a USPSA/IDPA style action pistol match that is designed for revolver shooters. Stages are paper and steel and run against a timer. You will need to draw from a holster and reloads are on the clock. I don't think there will be any stages that require more than 24 rounds, but 3 of the 4 "postal match" stages are 24 rounds.

You can visit the ICORE web site and view the 4 stages of the postal match (http://www.icore.org/Postal/PostalMatch2004.html). That should give you a good idea about the type of shooting involved.

There are two classes Open and Stock\Limited. 6, 7, and 8 round revolvers are all welcome.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I shot this match last year and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks Eric,

I goggled ICORE and found out about it. I shoot a little rev. and

just may try it out. I have a 586 w/red dot on it. I would like

to have it converted over to 38 sup for the new Yellow rule

book for IPSC and use full moon clips rather than speed loaders.

Gene

Just like to add that the Ontelaunee folks put on a great match and the stages are

very 6 round friendly.

The way Mark, Tom and the others run it is that they have a Trophy class so for those folks that want to try it out and see what it's all about basicly have a "section" that they can do that in which is coasts less to enter.

S&W is very generous with giveaway items and for the last 2 years I don't think anyone has gone home without a nice S&W shirt or hat.

As always the revo shooters are a great bunch of folks to shoot with and there is

no problem with begining shooters or folks that just want to drag out that old

Model 19 they haven't shot for eons.

You'll need a safe (of course) hoster, 4-5 speedloaders and a way to hang them on

your belt, other than that just show up to have a great time and hang with a bunch

of nice folks.

Seeya there, DaveP