Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 3GN Points Matches?

The idea of Semi-pro being TO only makes sense, as it's a qualifier for the TO-only pro series. What doesn't make sense, is not allowing a shooter to shoot the Divisional series and the Semi-pro or Amateur series. There are a ton of affiliated matches now, you could allow a Semi-pro shooter to leave the TO gear at home for a few matches and shoot a different division for just Divisional series points. If a shooter is willing to shoot 6 or more matches (which a lot of folks do now), he/she should be able to post 3 scores in each division. I'm not sure what disallowing Semi-pros out of the Divisional series (but allowing Pro shooters in?) is trying to accomplish.

DanO

If they are not going to allow semi-pro and am in the divisional series then they should also keep the pros out. That way the divisional series is made up of people not in involved in the other three races. If this was done I'm willing to bet there would be a large increase in participation in all of the smaller divisions, but this won't happen due to the whiney pros.

Edited by El Guapo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't keep track of all of this series stuff. I am just shooting TO like I always have and I will sign up for the semi-pro because that is where I feel I belong.

I just posted to say El Guapo's post just made me smile. Thanks for making my day. :cheers:

I think that I am going to do the same thing that I do every year. I am going to go to the matches that I want to shoot, and enter the division I want to shoot them in. I already have a drivers licensee and a passport, I don't think I need to pay for any other cards, I can use that money to buy beer.

Jessie, welcome to the fun divisions. The reason that scope tac gets all the prizes is because it is the least fun division to shoot. Heavy metal and limited are the funnest divisions to participate in and as such get the least amount of prize related participation incentives. Take that optic off your gun and shoot with the guys that are having all the fun, you will need to grow a bit more facial hair, but it is so worth it. Most of us 1x guys are old and fat anyway, we could use a hip new shooter such as yourself to raise the street cred of our divisions. Those cool shades and slow mo videos of you will be that much cooler when you are rocking irons or a prismatic.

Kurt, I thought that you where not going to share our dirty little secret? For that you are going to have to move down a couple of places in this season draft.

Cheers!

Oh now come on, I heard you just wanted to be a movie star so you abandoned your true nature in order to conform to the image that the producers of the show where hoping to portray. The unmagnified party welcomes all without regard to the speed at which they run or shoot. I would rather get beaten by a fellow 1x shooter than win because he chose to join the throng of Tac optics. Your M1A misses you, show it some love. Has it not been good to you in he past?