Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EzWinScore To Practiscore Conversion Utility

jcwren

This may well have been asked and answered somewhere but. Since Practiscore has no provisions for Metric vs Classic targets, should all stages be setup in EzWinScore as Metric? If not, what happens when the data from Practiscore is imported back into EZWS?

What about classifiers? Should they originally be setup as regular stages with metric targets and then changed after the results are imported?

Go ahead and set them up as proper classifiers in ezws. When you bring the scores back, if you're importing directly into the same match file you exported from, the classifiers should remain as classifiers. Personally, I don't do this. Rather, I export/email registrations and stage descriptions/etc to myself and then on ezws create a whole new empty match file, then import the stages, change the stage definitions that need it to be classifiers, and then bring in the scores and handle the DQ's. I do this extra work just because it gives me a little extra warm fuzzy feeling; there may not be any actual good reason for doing so. Well, plus if you create a whole new match from the practiscore export files, the deleted competitors come across AS deleted. Otherwise you have to delete them again in ezws after you've already deleted them in ps.

...I export/email registrations and stage descriptions/etc to myself and then on ezws create a whole new empty match file, then import the stages, change the stage definitions that need it to be classifiers...

This step shouldn't be needed since 1.1.2 version for Android...