Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P1445 SS LTD

krommel

I have a p1445 ltd in stainless steel which i shoot in local competions whenever i went home in the philippines. Often times i heard comments that stainless steel guns usually don't last,due to “galling". A process which i'ved learned is inherent to stainless steel when rubbing against each other. Had any stainless steel para user/s in here had any experience with this?

Galling happened a lot on early SS SA due to using the same SS on both the slide and frame. Special lubes helped a lot. Now mfgs. have learned to use different types of SS for the slide and frame and galling isn't much of a problem anymore.

FWIW

Richard

I had a P16 SS .40 that I bought new in 1995 or 1996 and shot it a lot. The galling was terrible with it, no matter what oil or grease I used.

EG

I bought mine brandnew too in 2004, shoot it a lot and used it as my carry piece , but i haven't seen any sign of wear or metal particles in d rails. And i only use cheap oil for lubrication mainly those used on sewing machines :-) so when i heard of talks on d range about galling, i stopped shooting it on a regular basis and instead used my G17 to shoot in prod div...

post-43498-0-21972100-1351506914_thumb.j