Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading practice with full tube tension

TommyD

Hey yall,

Got my +8 NC tube in for the 930. 12+1 total Been practicing my reloads from the caddy with 8 in the tube so I have quite a bit more resistance than I'm used to! Do you practice with a loaded tube or an empty one? I figure as long as I am practicing the right technique, this will help me out in the long run.

Question...should I ditch the Ghost ring rear?

Her name is Maylene :devil:8081316742_39d60e2fbd.jpg

Edited by TommyD

Tommy nice vid in the other post.

Ditch the gost ring and top rail. All u have is a bead up front.

Cut one coil at a time if there's to much tension. Personally I would leave the tube loaded for a few days and see if it settles any before you cut anything. But hey springs are cheap anyhow.

Proper spring length is 10"-12" past the end of the extension tube.

If that cycles your gun. I leave as much spring as possible to still get the desired round count especially with longer 12 round tubes. The long springs don't last as long. I've had several fail me in matches as I got greedy on that soft spring making reloading easier.

Ditch the rail and ghost ring. U don't need it for the bird shot type shooting. If it doesn't slow you down and makes your slug shooting more accurate I say run it.

I practice loafing my gun completely up. I load 3 grabs of 4 rounds then unload it and do it all over again.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I said nothing of cutting coils or spring tension being too much. I followed the NC directions and cut accordingly. It feeds fine.

I practice loafing my gun completely up. I load 3 grabs of 4 rounds then unload it and do it all over again.

^ This is what I was asking about

Edited by TommyD

• 3 weeks later...

I always practice reloading the whole tube. The tube on my benelli only holds 8 so i do 2 grabs of 4. It's also a good representation of what you do in a match. Your not going to be constantly topping off your tube with 4 rounds, so practice like its a real match.

I've been doing the same thing. except with 10 round tube. keep 6 in. load the last 4. repeat.

:cheers:

Someone told me to keep that thumb in the ejection port and next to the tray at all times, its helped me for sure. Also, keeping the gun shouldered while loading seems to be smoother for me. Can't always do that depending on the COF though