Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Offensive" non-tactical colors

I have big red magwell that I got on clearance that I'm going to be puttin on my SV. I'm shopping around for basepads and I'm thinking about getting the gold/brass colored basepads from Limcat.

I remember the rule from the old SOF matches that prohibited bright colored gear. I guess in my case it won't be tactical to go running around with a bright red magwell and the pimp style pads --- target indicators don't ya know.

I know the SOF's rules were offshooted to the various other matches. Is this rule still in place with any of the current major 3G matches and bodies?

SOF had a lot of stupid rules, like you couldn't carry a spare magazine in your pocket. Thankfully, it seems that all of SOF's stupid rules were not adopted by the other 3-gun matches. Most, if not all, of the big non-USPSA 3-Gun matches use the International Multi-Gun Assocation rules, posted here from the Superstition Mountain Mystery 3 Gun page. From my reading of the International Multi-Gun Assocation's rules, there are no restrictions on the colour of your equipment.