Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DIY primer tube filler question

Unless you have a better explanation as to why I was having to use significant force on the primer tube to get them to go in. I mean force to the point of tapping the top of the tube with my palm. Yesterday they seemed to go in just fine with very minimal force.

Prolly had a slightly out of round primer. When this happens I usually can dump the tube and the culprit primer will resist enough for me to figure out which one. Dunno if they come from factory or if i possibly had a primer on edge when I put the lid on the flip tray or something.

Just drink another beer and be careful.

Inflation Vibra Prime 2013 $70.00 vs Vibra Prime 2000 $24.95. It is just like evrything else.

$70 was not a price quote from the phone representative. I was pushing for a guess. It could be less, and she said Midway would probably sell it for less.

I didn't check it today, but as of Monday Midway still had it displayed as $33 or $34 even though it is not available.

• 4 weeks later...

Just setup my dillon 650 tonight. That issue people were having with the hard to fill tubes is just an unseated nipple. If you get to the point where they won't let any primers in, dig out the last two with a needle and then look in the hole with a flashlight and you'll see that there is a gap on the inside and that a primer has slid into it and stuck. Just use some elbow grease and close that gap.