Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 and 3

cpa5oh

I'm shooting a CZ 85 with an upgraded hammer, sear, and lighter springs. I'm using a 13# hammer spring and getting a decent DA pull...but when I use an 11.5# hammer spring I get a GREAT DA pull. I do not have a tool that measures the weight of the trigger pull, but there's a big difference between the two hammer springs...problem is, with the 11.5# spring, I'm not getting reliable ignition at all.

I've got a Tanfoglio Match that I've been very impressed with, so I'm thinking I'm gonna get a Stock 2 or 3 the next time they're in stock somewhere. Question I have is how light of a DA pull is possible with either one of these guns while still having reliable ignition and without having to send the gun away to a gunsmith? Something in the 5-6# range?

I'm shooting a CZ 85 with an upgraded hammer, sear, and lighter springs. I'm using a 13# hammer spring and getting a decent DA pull...but when I use an 11.5# hammer spring I get a GREAT DA pull. I do not have a tool that measures the weight of the trigger pull, but there's a big difference between the two hammer springs...problem is, with the 11.5# spring, I'm not getting reliable ignition at all.

I've got a Tanfoglio Match that I've been very impressed with, so I'm thinking I'm gonna get a Stock 2 or 3 the next time they're in stock somewhere. Question I have is how light of a DA pull is possible with either one of these guns while still having reliable ignition and without having to send the gun away to a gunsmith? Something in the 5-6# range?

Talk with Eric at McDonald. he can give you the Tangfolio skinny.

Yeah I have the extended firing pin with the lighter firing pin spring...I'm through trying to make this gun reliable with the 11.5# spring. I do not want to be stuck with using only Federal primers (because they always seem to be hardest to get) and this past weekend, with the 11.5# spring, the gun light-striked about 6 times in 30 shots with Federal primers anyhow. Maybe my firing pin canal is dirty...regardless, I've wasted enough time and matches light striking with the 11.5# spring to know when I'm beat. If the Tanfoglio's can be more reliable with lighter springs/lighter DA pull, I'm going to buy one in the offseason...especially if the large frame (Stock 3) is available.