Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine

achard

Hi,

I'm building a new sps/svi/sti gun and I'm looking for a magazine that will fit the IPSC box with maximum of 18 or 19 rds (if possible) in standard division. Can anybody tell the max length of the magazine that will fit the IPSC box and how many rouds? Is 126mm legal in IPSC?

thanks,

Rich

Can anybody tell the max length of the magazine that will fit the IPSC box and how many rouds?

Not really. Although my old mate Skywalker gave you an excellent discussion link, you really must check your gun in an IPSC box before you fire a round at a match, otherwise you run the risk of being reclassified to Open Division.

It's not just the length of the tube or the size/shape of your basepads. The length of the slide, the height of your sights, the size of your hammer, the size of your beavertail, the shape of your backstrap and other variables will affect whether or not your gun will fit the box with a magazine inserted.

Bottom line: Check it for yourself.

Yes, you 'll have to check for yourself.

I saw three times this year pistols which where supposed to fit the box as advertised and didn't at the equipement check.

Two had a too long guide rod, the other had a frame too long :wacko:

All three pistols were made in Italy (sorry Sky ;) ) and were advertised as " fitting IPSC box".