Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt Competition Rifle CRE-18 - Small or Large Pin Lower?

powderMonkey

Topic says it all - looking to put a drop in trigger kit in my Colt CRE-18 but don't know if the lower is small pin or large pin. Any one know for sure?

How about a 2008 vintage "Law Enforcement / Mil / Govt / Export Use Only" magwell marked LE6920 Colt AR? I guess I could try to eyeball line up my calipers with the two lowers and see if one seems bigger than the other, but if someone knew for sure and I didn't have to actually *do* anything that would be great.

: )

Topic says it all - looking to put a drop in trigger kit in my Colt CRE-18 but don't know if the lower is small pin or large pin. Any one know for sure?

How about a 2008 vintage "Law Enforcement / Mil / Govt / Export Use Only" magwell marked LE6920 Colt AR? I guess I could try to eyeball line up my calipers with the two lowers and see if one seems bigger than the other, but if someone knew for sure and I didn't have to actually *do* anything that would be great.

: )

Who cares! Tell me more about the cell phone business!!! :surprise:

I'm pretty sure they have gone to small pin, not positive, but pretty sure. Can tell you the large is .176 and the small is .156 if that helps. Also that this variation was done to stop someone from putting M16 fire control parts into an AR receiver.

No, that was quite informative! I think Craig's List just got a couple hundred hits in the cell phone section. :surprise: Everyone wants to be able to make a bit more $$$ to support their 3g habit! :cheers:

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

Current production Colts all use small, mil-spec 0.155" hammer and trigger pins.

The Colt Competition will be small pin, the 6920 I can't be sure.

Not sure what year they went back to small pins, so best to measure on the 6920, or just pull a hammer pin and check against the other receiver.

Mick

Ironic that Colts now come with M16 bolt carriers and hammers...

Mick

I'm pretty sure they have gone to small pin, not positive, but pretty sure. Can tell you the large is .176 and the small is .156 if that helps. Also that this variation was done to stop someone from putting M16 fire control parts into an AR receiver.

No, that was quite informative! I think Craig's List just got a couple hundred hits in the cell phone section. :surprise: Everyone wants to be able to make a bit more $$$ to support their 3g habit! :cheers:

Tar

• 2 weeks later...