Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

versa max comb

Ted Murphy

HI there,

I want to change the comb on my versa max. The owners manual says to follow the directions that came with the additional comb, but no such paperwork came with the comb. I don't want to break anything. Can anyone tell me how to swap the combs out?

Thanks,

Ted

I just went through this last night...Remove the two phillips head screws in the recoil pad, pop the pad off. Use a 3/16" allen wrench to remove main stock screw. Then remove the stock comb insert located between the stock and the screw just removed. Then either replace it with the alternate insert provided with the gun or move the hole location on the insert already removed to where you need it. The insert in my gun was almost pressed into place and it required removing the stock from the gun and prying it out. Other than that, it was pretty straight forward and simple to do. I ended up putting the alternate one in to drop the stock a bit - provided a more straight line of sight for me and my body build.

Sorry, I'm tracking now, the rubber comb insert just pulls out and can be replaced with the other higher one simply by pressing it into place. The comb inserts have ridges that protrude on the front and back that need to be slid into place recesses in the stock body then the sides have a lip that also get pressed into place. No fasteners or anything else needed to change out. Simply a bit of muscle..