Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New user from SE Wisconsin

dustyvarmint

Hey,

Been lurking for awhile, but finally decided to join if for nothing more than figuring out which posts are new since my last visit.

Thought I'd post here to see what my avatar looked like - preferred to post a pic of me with a warthog in South Africa, but didn't know if that violated the "no hunting" rules. So, a pic of post-Warrior Dash made it instead.

Currently shooting a local USPSA-style weekly league, have shot only one USPSA match and observed one IDPA match. Really looking to improve pistol handling skills using "normal" equipment at this point; G17, Uncle Mike's kydex holster and mag pouches. I have a tendency to "go in deep" in hobbies and I'm trying to make this one hobby that I don't do that on.

happy shooting, dv

Good luck not "going in deep" on this hobby. I have a similar tendancy to go "all in" on hobbies. My first year shooting IDPA & USPSA and I'm fully hooked. From Wisconsin as well lots of local clubs that put on great matches and everyone I have met has been very helpful. Good Luck and be safe!

Good luck not "going in deep" on this hobby. I have a similar tendancy to go "all in" on hobbies. My first year shooting IDPA & USPSA and I'm fully hooked. From Wisconsin as well lots of local clubs that put on great matches and everyone I have met has been very helpful. Good Luck and be safe!

You bring up a good point. I thought bowhunters were friendly, and they are, but the action pistol folks I have met thus far have been even friendlier and more helpful.

Happy shooting, dv