Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Rocket Connector Problem

TerryYu

So I am trying to install the Ghost Rocket connector and have filed the little overtravel tab down as necessary for reset. The problem I'm having is the gun will (dry) fire if I don't touch the slide. If I push on the slide (thumb on right side relative to back of gun, e.g. lefty grip) the gun refuses to fire. It looks like that the slight misalignment is causing the trigger bar to pop out of the part of the connector that pushes it downwards to release the striker. I've been fiddling with bending the thing in and out but so far nothing has improved it.

The stock Glock connector works perfectly and is not affected by pushing the slide (obviously). Any ideas as to what's going on?

The Rocket comes with an extra tab that stops the trigger bar as soon as the trigger is released but they make it long so you can fit it to your gun.

If you could post a pic of it in the ejector housing that might help. I would bet it's still a tick to long. It doesn't take much to cause a malfunction. The "spaulding cut" requires a slight angle, and even missing the angle a bit will cause the trigger to not reset.

Figured it out. The Ghost connecter's disconnector cap dealie was about a thousandth of an inch too wide to where it was touching the slide so any movement caused it to pop the trigger bar out of the ramp. 5 seconds of Dremeling solved the problem.

Edited by TerryYu

Figured it out. The Ghost connecter's disconnector cap dealie was about a thousandth of an inch too wide to where it was touching the slide so any movement caused it to pop the trigger bar out of the ramp. 5 seconds of Dremeling solved the problem.

Any way you could post a picture of the issue. I know it may not be possible, but I was just curious.

Also, any reason to go with the Ghost vs. the stock 3.5 connector?

Haven't seen that one before. I will add it to my troubleshooting repertoire.

Me too!

Edited by JKtruck150

I'll try when I get home to get a picture.

The rocket has an over travel stop built into the connector that you tune to your gun. Same function as an over travel screw but it's still legal in gun games due to the internal nature of the mod.

The connector is quite nice, in my glock (gen 4 34) it reduced my over travel by around 1/16th of an inch. Big difference in feel compared to a stock connector.