Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

midlength barrel set up

wannabe

I have 20"and 18" barreled ARs with full length gas systems. I also have a 16" barrel with a midlength gas system. Would not the midlength system puts out more gases at the muzzle causing the break to be more effevctive like in relation to open compensated guns? The more gas to the break the more effective the reduction on muzzzle rise and increased recoil reduction? I understand the debate concerning the reduced felt recoil impulse of buffer with the longer gas system. :wacko:

Edited by wannabe

I have 20"and 18" barreled ARs with full length gas systems. I also have a 16" barrel with a midlength gas system. Would not the midlength system puts out more gases at the muzzle causing the break to be more effevctive like in relation to open compensated guns? The more gas to the break the more effective the reduction on muzzzle rise and increased recoil reduction? I understand the debate concerning the reduced felt recoil impulse of buffer with the longer gas system. :wacko:

Actually the reverse. At midlength, the pressure is higher and the total mass of gas that goes through the tube on a midlength is slightly more than on a rifle length system. PV=nRT.