Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Re Barreling a Sig 226

Greg in VA

I have both a .357 sig and a std 9mm on the way for my new All Around. The 9mm ineeds to be fitted, the .357 is a drop in...We shall see.

ONLY issue with Bar-Sto is the WAIT. Usually 3-4 months...and I waited 6 months once for a 4 1/4" 1911 Commander barrel!

But like anything QUALITY...worth the wait. I've always seen better accuracy with their barrels, at least in 1911's. And in some guns...amazing accuracy.

Top Gun Supply had 229, 9mm conversion barrels in stock to convert a .357/.40 229 to nine. Mine dropped right in and worked about 98% even with the .357 sig magazines and recoil spring! I was surprised it worked so well. I had 2-3 inch groups at 25 yds on a windy day...far from optimal conditions. I'm sure it will do better.

FN in MT

Thanks, Greg. I shot that gun last night at our local club practice. I've been shooting an all stainless P226 for months and keep the alloy Bar-Sto barrel gun as a back up. Pulled it out of the bag and went to the two practice stages and one was a plate rack at 18 yards. I cleaned it twice without a miss...with that pistol. Best I've ever done and best of the group that was there last night. You will love your Bar-Sto conversion.

Joe