Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550B used average price

What is the normal price you would expect to pay for a 550B used.

I'm thinking about getting one I saw there about 440 new for the press and a caliber kit (without dies) as I have got dies already. Been loading the past couple years on a single stage lee press haha.

So a little bit of a step up

So is it worth getting a used one. I'm glad that you don't have to worry if something dosnt work coz dillon will fix it

Cheers

What is the normal price you would expect to pay for a 550B used.

I'm thinking about getting one I saw there about 440 new for the press and a caliber kit (without dies) as I have got dies already. Been loading the past couple years on a single stage lee press haha.

So a little bit of a step up

So is it worth getting a used one. I'm glad that you don't have to worry if something dosnt work coz dillon will fix it

Cheers

Good question, I just purchased a 550B after looking around quite a bit. I learned that Dillon presses definitely hold their value, and for some strange reason, there are idiots on Epay that are willing to pay more for a used machine than what they could get the new one for... some of the bids I saw just don't make sense!!

If I could have found one locally for $100 less I probably would have bought it, but there were none for sale so I bought new, glad I don't have to search any longer :)

How is the availability of used machines "down-under"?

Availability of new machines is great a member of our club is the Aussie distributer. And you can find them when people are uprading because you have to be a member of a club so everybody knows each other and if you talk to people you will find one.

The thing is I'm moving to the US in a week and a half so I'm looking to find one there.

• 2 weeks later...