Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft guns for police training

Dragon11

I'm hoping you guys can help me with this. The police department we work for carries Glock 22's. We just bought air soft guns for our training. We currently use Safariland holsters and the airsoft guns they bought do not fit in the holsters. What airsoft gun makers make guns that are reliable and have the exact same shape as the Glock 17 and 22, so they can be used in training for our holsters. I'm all open for suggestions.

Unfortunately Glock proper is very unhappy with the Airsoft world so it is harder to get quality Glock clones into the US. Do you happen to know which brand of Airsoft Glock you did purchase? I do know that KWA has the "ATP" which is their work around on the Glock copyrights. I should fit all non-custom molded Kydex holsters. It does not however have the "exact" shape of a Glock (some even claim it feels a little better). But they are easily purchasable in the US (provided KWA has them in stock) and the other benefit is that KWA is based in California so they can be refurbished/repaired as needed.

Brands that look exactly like a Glock that I would trust are Tokyo Marui (non-metal slide) and KSC (be sure to look for the ones with the metal slide). I know WE Tech has been making a TM clone but I have never held one so I can not comment on the quality of the pistol.

I don't know the exact brand name of our airsoft guns. We use Safariland ALS holsters, some light mounted some not. The guns they bought don't even come close to fitting in the holsters. The info you gave is great and will help me with providing info to buy guns that are better then what we have. I didn't think about the Glock copyright issues. I'm surprised Glock doesn't make there own airsoft guns to sell, like they did with Sims guns for training. I imagine though, that even if they did, they would be expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't buy the WE tech, it won't fit bladetech holsters without heavy modification. KSC should fit.

I know you want quality, but you won't ever see the same quality as a real Glock until you pay real Glock prices. Just something a person needs to accept when working with airsoft.

It is still a good tool and I could see it being great for force on force training at a much cheaper cost than sim munitions.