Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quesion for you slide ride guys?

ChandlerSniper158

I currently shoot a Bedell Shorty in 9 major with a vertical Cmore, but I have really been itching to try a Glock in Open. I shoot a Glock better than a 1911, I have hundreds of thousands of rounds thru one over the years. I`m thinking about just getting a slide, barrel and comp to shoot the same load my 1911 shoots now. I have a Doctor not doing anything so I`m thinking about just having the slide cut for it and try it out on my pistol to see if I like it before I spend the cash for a full done Open pistol. I`ve exchanged a few emails with Bevin and he can`t get any support from the Factory in Germany to harden the Doctors anymore, and the small Cmores aren`t up to the task as a slide ride either. I don`t want to do any type of frame mount right now.. my Glock is my carry gun and I don`t want to do anything permanent to it.

What kind of optics ( Fastfire, J Point, ect..) are living on 9 major slides if any, or if I do just use my Doctor, is there anywhere in the US that would be able to repair it if it goes down?

Thanks for any input!

first off Mac in detroit says learn how to shoot. That aside. I use a delta point on my doug jones open pistol. slide mounted for 3gun 6000rds no problems. Delta is the easiest dot to find, for me. I bought it with the mount kit and started with it on my g34. rear sight replacement mount no mods to gun.

only the leopold deltapoint will hold, all the others eventually will die on a 9major or 38super with major loads, i have seen a burris fastfire where the glass fell out after 50 shots, a week later the same guy has put a cmore sts on his slide, the sts died after appr 600 rounds, after that he mounted a docter 3 on his slide, and that thing died also within 1000 rounds, a friend of my has had a docter 3 on his 9 major sti, after 500 rounds the docter broke down, he now has a deltapoint on it, and is still going strong after 5000 rounds.

if you want something on fitted on your slide buy a deltapoint, if you want something else, buy cmore slideride put it on a mount, and it will work great.

first off Mac in detroit says learn how to shoot.

He don`t count.. he shoots like a girl!!

A very big girl!! His line at DA is "well I'am just an average shot" load of crap lol

Edited by fueddy

if you want something on fitted on your slide buy a deltapoint, if you want something else, buy cmore slideride put it on a mount, and it will work great.

+1 on this one, I dont like any slide mounted scopes but if you must deltapoint is the way to go. Frame mount is always the best choice no matter who you are or what gun you shoot...

Not 9Maj but the 38S SV I picked up used last winter came with an old Optima 2000 melted in. not sure how many rounds the original owner had on it but I ran 1000 or so through with no issues before I replaced it with a DeltaPoint. the only reason I replaced it was the Optima has two settings, "on" and "sleep", and when shooting indoor matches it was "sleeping" and dim as @#$@&$. the DP has a larger window, better build quality and materials, and much better auto-brightness logic. I got mine used and it's been on my gun for nearly 4k rounds without a re-zero.