Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying to understand the benifits of reloading.

EvilBetty

So if I wanted the benefits of a custom load without the hassle of having to reload, initial expense to buy equipment, and going through the educational and experience gathering steps, would I not get almost the same result by buying rounds from say Universal Ammo or Atlanta Arms?

The cost savings are not that important, my free time is at a premium though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ammo you buy, no matter how good it is, is not custom. Custom ammo is what you make or have made specifically for your gun. You want accuracy, feel, etc, etc, etc.............etc. to be the very best you can come up with.

So if I wanted the benefits of a custom load without the hassle of having to reload, initial expense to buy equipment, and going through the educational and experience gathering steps, would I not get almost the same result by buying rounds from say Universal Ammo or Atlanta Arms?

The cost savings are not that important, my free time is at a premium though.

You could probably get close enough, as they make 125/165 pf ammo.

It's probably the difference between Brooks Brothers and tailor for clothes. Brooks Brothers will get you close, but the tailor will make you an one of a kind shirt. Up to you to decide if close enough is good enough.

If you're going into reloading thinking you won't enjoy it, don't. You'll just wind up selling off $1000 worth of equipment six months from now.

At the beginning of this year, I ordered 30K small rifle primers, 16# of WW231 and 16# of WW748.

There was a huge difference in prices from the different supply houses. Prices ranged from over $1300 to less than $1000. Do your homework on components. PV is NOT always the cheapest, they were on the high side of the 4 places I checked.

At the beginning of this year, I ordered 30K small rifle primers, 16# of WW231 and 16# of WW748.

There was a huge difference in prices from the different supply houses. Prices ranged from over $1300 to less than $1000. Do your homework on components. PV is NOT always the cheapest, they were on the high side of the 4 places I checked.

When I checked today, they had the best prices.

Would you please mention the other four places that you checked.

When I checked today, they had the best prices.

Would you please mention the other four places that you checked.

Wideners

Able Ammo

I can't remember the other one besides PV.

google reloading components, start filling out your order on the sites and compare the final cost. I wanted to make sure I got everything from one supplier, thus saving hazmat fees also.

And I wanted to get it from someone who had everything in stock.

Good luck

www.midwayusa.com/category/reloading-supplies

www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

www.grafs.com/

www.ableammo.com/.../reloading-supplies-equipment-sale-online-rel...

www.natchezss.com/

www.luckygunner.com/reloading-supplies

www.champchoice.com/cat-Reloading_Supplies-235.aspx

www.recobstargetshop.com/browse.cfm/2,190.html

google is your friend

• 4 weeks later...