Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold CQ/T

seod

The Leupold CQ/T. At about $1000, it is expensive from my perspective. Is it worth the price? It seems like you can get a Burris Tac 30 1-4x for $299. The burris would be cheaper in cost, have a higher magnification and perhaps the optics just as good. Any thoughts?

CQ/T is a great scope and I used one for years, it used to be one of the most used scopes in 3-gun. However, it has been supplanted by better options. I did replace mine with the TAC-30 and have been very happy with the Burris. Still, if your willing to spend a $1000 then I'd get one of the new Leupold 1-6X 3 Gun models. I think the 1-6 scopes are going to be the top dogs for at least the next few years.

There have been some new additions to the scope market within the last year or so that maybe some better options. As stated, the Leupold 1-6 3Gun model is pretty decent and for a good value. Bushnell has a 1-6.5 in their tactical line, Vortex has come out with their HD JM model, and many more. Some stick with stuff that has been around, several of my good friends still run the Burris MTAC 1-4, or Swarovski. I was using a Leupold 1.5-5 before I made a switch to the Bushnell. I think the CQ/T is a great scope, but the max 3 power may hinder for some longer range shots compared to cheaper 1-4s like Burris.

Edited by KTKlaus

The Leupold CQ/T. At about $1000, it is expensive from my perspective. Is it worth the price? It seems like you can get a Burris Tac 30 1-4x for $299. The burris would be cheaper in cost, have a higher magnification and perhaps the optics just as good. Any thoughts?

You are right about the cost, but if you are not in a hurry you can find them used in the $500-$600 range.

I have used this scope for many years and have not had a single problem with it, works great out to about 350yds.

I think if you are going to spend under $500 look towards the burris line.