Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDm 5.25 Stove Pipe

GlockOp

Hi everyone: I am a very satisfied user of the XDm 5.25 for competition. I run a load that makes about 1050 FPS and a 16# recoil spring. Recently I have begun to have a stove pipe about 0nce or twice a week,I have 2 almost identical pistols that were originally set up by Springer Precision. The pistol having this problem has about 5 to 7 thousand rounds through it. I have replaced the recoil spring recently. So I am looking for suggestions as to the possible cause. BTW, I always clean the pistol after shooting any type of practice or competition event. The ejector looks fine.

Go thru the numbers with standard troubleshooting. Knock out the obvious first, clean and proper lube. Then the possibility of ammo. Then look at replacing worn components starting with the extractor spring, possibly the extractor, and make sure the ejector isn't loose or damaged. And consider the recoil spring. Sometimes you get a dud, or maybe you need a different tension.

There must be several hundred "what causes stove pipe" posts online, and a few troubleshooting guides, with probably several million google hits on the word stove pipe. I don't think your going to find a one size fits all answer though.