Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Tournament Director Program

Barrettone

This question is directed in particular to those NROI RMI's and top brass out there in USPSA. What is the status of this program??? Several of us attended the November seminar in Orlando, have produced our tournaments, and when I inquired as to the date of its implementation at USPSA HQ, I was told that nobody really knew what was going on with it. I remember a couple of issues ago in Front Site, it said that it was created so that people could get involved more on the match directing side of things, and that you had to already be a CRO to achieve it, as it was the equivalent of an RM rank, albeit on the MD side of things. I believe that it is a good idea, but there is some confusion as to its implementation. I realize that there were previously bigger fish to fry, but now that the dust has settled on the rule changes, and the books have been created, is this program going to become a priority? It was, afterall, unveiled already, but not really followed-up on. Additionally, are there going to be TDI's (in the future) to instruct this program to help educate future MD's or is it going to be taught by the same people? I heard that it was going to go correspondence like the CRO can be done. I think we all agree that there is a grave shortage of quality MD's, and that it would seem less intimidating to some if there was a class to aid in their learning. Or, is this just for the major matches??? Seems to me that it would help grow USPSA if it took a pro-active approach in creating MD's the same way it creates RO's, CRO's, etc... It is my opinion that we need to cultivate MD's if the sport is to thrive. Afterall, if you have no MD...you have no match. Let's face it, MD'ing is hard enough without having to learn EVERYTHING as you go. Additionally, burnout for MD's is a HUGE problem, and it needs to be addressed. Maybe there should also be levels for this, like MD level 1, 2, then TD? Of course, this is a lot of work to teach these things, if it were to actually come to fruition. That is why it would probably not be feasible to do so at this time. I just thought that this was a good forum topic to hash out, and might shed some light on USPSA's intentions. Please advise.

Jeff

<Moderator Hat On>

Topic title expanded from "Tournament Director" to "USPSA Tournament Director Program" for clarity.

Topic also moved from "IPSC/USPSA Rules" to "IPSC/USPSA Discussions", because it is not a rules issue.

<Moderator Hat OFF>