Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets 147 grain problems

Fireant

I used up the last of my Bayous and managed to find a couple of thousand of the new formula ones. The new batch tumbles like crazy. I didn't have this problem with the last batch and my current gun. Anyone else notice this problem with the new lighter green colored bullets? Nothing else has changed, same powder, OAL and crimp. The bullets all seem to mic at the same diameter as the last ones.

I just recieved a new batch of 135 and 147 Bayou's, I shot only 50 testers of each last week. I had no issues with the 147's at all but I think I need to work on the 135's a bit more. I did notice that the finish is mottled a bit on both weights ( not sure if that's what you mean about lighter colored) but they shot well enough, the 135's were a bit stringy.

I didn't have any tumbling issues with the latest batch I recieved, but the accuracy just didn't seem to be there. With the latest batch, I could get only 9 of 10 to hit an IPSC paper at 50 yards while the batch before he got backed up was grouping about 6" at that distance.

If anyone is having issues with the 147's please e-mail me your specifics on the matter and I will try to get to the bottom of it.

If your not satisfied with them, your welcome to return them for refund or replacement.

I am seldom here so it would be best to e-mail me or call me.

Thanks

Donnie

225 324 4501

bayoubullets@yahoo.com

If anyone is having issues with the 147's please e-mail me your specifics on the matter and I will try to get to the bottom of it.

If your not satisfied with them, your welcome to return them for refund or replacement.

Thanks

Donnie

225 324 4501

bayoubullets@yahoo.com

This is why I ordered some Bayou bullets...customer service.

Thanks

Donnie

225 324 4501

bayoubullets@yahoo.com

This is why I ordered some Bayou bullets...customer service.

+1

I ran 3 mags of the new 147gr bullets I got recently through my Sig 226 today. No problems at all that were not caused by me and poor eye sight. At 25 yards all but 8 held on the Brian Enos.com sticker with clean holes. Load is Nickel brass mixed head stamp with Federal primers (Green bullets look real nice in Nickel brass :roflol: ) and 3.7gr WSF. This is a new load for me since I usually shoot 160gr Bayou.

I'm happy but still will work on the load as I have no chrono data yet