Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swimming

Jim Norman

She was young, she was very pretty, she was the new School Marm. It was unbelievably warm that Summer. Everyone said that they couldn’t remember a Summer so hot. All thekids would go down to the various swimming holes to cool off. Being a School Teacher she knew that if she were caught she would be fired, after all there was propriety to be maintained. But being young, she remembered how refreshing it was to go swimming. So one day she decided she’d had enough, she was going swimming. She scouted out the river for out of the way places where she could go swimming and no one would see her.

She finally found a place well away from twon and figured here she would be safe. She slipped over behind some bushes and stripped off her clothes and waded into the river, Oh, it felt so good. After a prolonged period she decided it was time to go. As she started to get out of the water, she heard a snicker from the brush, there she saw one of the young lads from town and realized she’d been caught out, Worse, he had all of her clothes. What to do? She could not very well just walk out of the water naked as she was. She started feeling around in the water with her feet hoping to find maybe something to cover herself with.

Luck was with her, she found what appeared to be a large washtub on the river bottom. Picking it up and holding it in front of her she stormed out of the water right up to the young man holding her clothes. “You know what I think young man” she shouted at him, “Do you?”

“Yes’m I sure do, I bet you think there’s a bottom in thet there Washtub!”