Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

disconecter?

colbyjack

im shooting a sti 2011 .40 and the guy i got it from says the reset on the trigger is short, you can get it to double cause the trigger reset isnt far out and the recoil can pop the 2nd round. now he said i may need a new disconecter is that sound right? the trigger is 3.5-4 but clean and crisp a lil pre travel but no over travel. id like lighter but not with this short reset. what causes or what can i change out to make the trigger reset a bit longer. i know short is nice but i think this is really short. thanks for any help you can give me.

Try bending the tab on the front of the trigger bow inwards that will give more pre travel. No pre travel can cause doubles but usually just doesn't reset and you'll get trigger freeze. Another thing to check is the sear spring on the disconnect leg

I'd have a competent smith look at the gun.

However if everything is ok in the fire control parts, if the gun has an over travel stop screw you might try adding more overtravel. That should increase the distance you to have to move your finger to reset the trgger (as now the trigger will move back farther when you fire before it stops).

You should have about .035 take up before starting to engage the trigger, that is controlled by the tab as SteveL has stated. Overtravel you should more or less a half turn past where you stop feeling rubbing of fire control parts with the trigger held down.