Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

classifier question

sxd45

I am shooting my first classifier Sunday and I'm wondering which class I should shoot in, I shoot a XD chambered in .45 acp so I could shoot ESP or CDP. A lot of guys at my club recommended CDP but I like having 10+1. Will I be able to be more competitive in CDP?

for my 2 cents.....Shoot CDP

Rational: unless you are reloading, have downloaded your ammo to 125,000 and set up your gun with springs that will run with this lighter load, you are at a disadvantage. You will be shooting normal .45 loads around 165,000 which will be a disadvantage over the 9mm shooters......IF it's about winning.

IF it is about shooting what you bring, then having 10+1 will get you shooting how you would carry and that has something of a positive as well.

Me....I would shoot it apples to apples and shoot CDP rather than apples to oranges in ESP.

Garry N

for my 2 cents.....Shoot CDP

Rational: unless you are reloading, have downloaded your ammo to 125,000 and set up your gun with springs that will run with this lighter load, you are at a disadvantage. You will be shooting normal .45 loads around 165,000 which will be a disadvantage over the 9mm shooters......IF it's about winning.

IF it is about shooting what you bring, then having 10+1 will get you shooting how you would carry and that has something of a positive as well.

Me....I would shoot it apples to apples and shoot CDP rather than apples to oranges in ESP.

Garry N

A big +1 to that! Shoot CDP. Unless you have the ability to download a reliable .45 ACP load to the 135-140 PF range you will be at a disadvantage in ESP.... even though the round capacity is the same.

I agree to the above posts also. Unless you download your ammo to a lower power factor you will be at a big disadvantage in ESP. Stick with the CDP.

If you really want to be classified in both divisions, then see if the match director will allow you to shoot both during the same match. You will likely have to pay a small addiditional fee but most clubs that I shoot in will allow 2nd guns.