Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Eagle Holster for a Para P18?

Buford!

Bladetech is a good place to start for a traditional holster. Their black ice for the 1911 fits my p1640. Also any popular 1911/2011 race holster should work, like the CR Speed WSM II.

These guys are basically correct; any open-topped holster for a single stack 1911 will work with your Para.

The only difficulty is if it has a high inside 'sweat band', as the wide part of the frame at the grip will contact it and interfere.

I just remembered you're shooting Limited, so if you're looking for a race holster then the CR and Safariland holsters will work. I think you do have to specify the trigger insert be for a standard 1911, not the 2011.

Well, I don't know what happened because I ordered a Safariland holster that was supposed to be for a 5" 1911 (I had a Safariland rep at a GT Distributors give me the model number) and my P18 wasn't even close to fitting in that thing. I've currently got a holster on order with Bladetech but I didn't really want to wait 5 weeks to get it since I'm shooting a match with my brother in 3 weeks and I would really like to use this new gun. Maybe I'll just take the gun up to GT and start going through the holsters to find something that will work.

Where was it making contact? If the holster has a sweat guard that'll do it. Otherwise it should be the same.

This is my P16 stuffed in the Bulman holster I use for EDC. You can see where the frame changes from standard to wide, and it's just behind the trigger guard OUTSIDE the holster.

holster_fit.png

This holster has a sweat guard on it, and in this pic you can see how the wide grip frame pushes the holster away. If this was on me, it'd be digging into my side something terrible. The arrow points again to the transition area where the gun has no problems fitting. I'd say most might have trouble where the mag catch is. If that is covered by the holster then you'll have trouble for sure.

holster_fit_2.png

Edited by Anopsis

He must have given me the wrong product number because I couldn't even get the barrel to fit in the holster. I guess the good news is that I've at least made it to this point in the project. And hey, I've learned a lot. :eatdrink:

Ah! Now that's different. Not saying its not the right holster, but a lot of leather holsters are extremely tight when new. If the molded profile of the holster looks like a 1911 then it's the right one. IF so, cram your gun into it. I've seen them so tight that I had to cock the hammer and use the thumb safety to keep it from being pushed out of battery.

Once you get the gun in there, leave it for a day or so. Then start working the gun in and out and it'll loosen up.