Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 9mm 5.25 weight

calvinc78

Has anyone weighted there production guns? I weighted mine on what I think is a pretty acurate scale and it's coming up to 28.75oz with PRP grip tape and I know it says the stock weight is 29oz... The reason I ask is the tunston guide Rods that weight in at 4oz, are they legal for production? Or where would u or can u cut weight from the gun to make them legal?

On my scale, which seems accurate enough for USPS, my gun weighs in at 30.8 oz. That includes Dawson grip tape, the large backstrap, grip tape on the basepad, an extended mag release, and the Springer tungsten guide rod insert for the stock guide rod, which springer says weighs 1.9 oz. That would seem to jibe with your reading.

That being said, I don't think you could do anything Production-legal to the gun and get one of the heavy guide rods in there.

I have the 4P Canyon Creek gun and at Area 5 it came in at 31 even - right on the legal number for productin weight. Maybe cutting it a bit close but Rich is the Zen master and knows what he is doing - trust his work.

The 5/16" diameter tungsten rod will make Production weight, on my scales the 4P comes in with .3 ounces under weight. The 3/8" diameter rod won't make weight and removing weight from the slide or frame would make the gun illegal for Production.

Rich

I have the 4P Canyon Creek gun and at Area 5 it came in at 31 even - right on the legal number for productin weight. Maybe cutting it a bit close but Rich is the Zen master and knows what he is doing - trust his work.

+1