Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP01 build

sdfmacross2

Long time window shopping reader in this forum but just signed up. I plan on getting a CZ 75 SP01. I'm in cali and I don't plan on getting the shadow single shot since the cost of gas, hotel and food and fees to drive down and pick it up wouldn't be cost efficient. If you had to do it all over again besides the works that Angus will do what else would you guys get. Like for example, extended firing pin, different less curved trigger, etc etc.

SP-01 is nice. You're not actually building one are you?

Must do-list I would say would be (for USPSA/practical shooting)

- CZ hammer (needs slight gunsmithing)

- Re-spring (main and recoil)

- Sights

This are the parts i'd do as you go;

- Thin grips (if you like slim grips)

- S/S guide rod

- trigger job

- extended firing pin

you can go all out and

- change trigger

- extended mag release

- flat main spring cap

- S/S mag brake

- CGW trigger pin

- CGW light spring set (be careful going light springs, you may experience light primer strikes)

OR just go with Angus fully set-up SP-01s. Get in touch with Get a gun, his name is Rafael. He is located in Bakersfield. Look into AKAI production gun..

I've been very happy with my CzC Shadow Custom. I wish I could get out more often to use it, I just passed into the mid-2000 round count. Pistol has been 100%. Very smooth with Fed FMJ 115. I bet it would be killer with soft loads. Trigger is smooth, very light SA. I'm sure it's possible to get it lighter but I would be AD'n left and right if it was. Maybe once I have more trigger time I will get a full on trigger, but I really doubt I'll be changing anything. I've never held such a comfortable pistol. Awesome ergos.

Everybody that tries it out wants one. Its worth the gas and food and stuff to get it.

I would get the shadow through the SSE process. I have a Angus SP-01 and the trigger pull equals the shadow, but the reset is longer on the SP-01. Get the extended firing pin, F/O front sight, comp hammer and the trigger job and you're good to go.

+1 on the Akai custom CZ. I bought my Shadow form CZ custom and I thought the trigger was good when I got it. I had Shay put his trigger job on it and it is now simply awesome. Save yourself some trouble and get one of Shay's guns.