Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multigun shenanigans?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likestoshoot wrote:

They hold USPSA and IDPA matches in these same bays and everything works well.

That's debatable.

When are the USPSA bays going to get built? So we can leave our props out permanently?

with respect to any steel challenge stages, there are some maybe most SC stages that are so big, with the cowboy ...err... Facades in the way, you couldn't or wouldn't fit on any, some, or most of the bays.

There were one or two bays that were left open for a little while, and I recommended against any more cowboy construction so the deeper SC stages could be accomodate. Construction went on anyway.

IIRC, David Bianchini is the USPSA MD for Sparta.

you're mistaken.

Dave is the assistant match director at Sparta.

Mose is the Match Director, and listed as the Club Contact on USPSA.org.

Andrew Phelps

Thanks, didn't know that.

Clutch wrote:

... I hear the CAS shooting up there has already taken off....

Well, they have a heck of a head start. They were shooting CAS matches there in 2006. Maybe even 2005.

Here is some video I took of their 2006 state match:

http://o-o.preferred.iad23t07.v7.cache7.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?id=b06d00ccc4808e7e&itag=7&source=uploaded_content&begin=0&ratebypass=yes&title=2006+RCR+/+Blacksmith+and+Livery+State+Taquila+Tab&ip=0.0.0.0&ipbits=0&expire=1342088109&sparams=ip,ipbits,expire,id,itag,source,ratebypass,title&signature=728DD26AB3C49AA0B3B7660D2E949DAF6670754E.8567E1BCE97653D5203746978825B043E029A51A&key=ck1&ms=tsu&mt=1342066442&cms_redirect=yes&redirect_counter=1

Back in the spring of 2007, after I had been chatting up the IL DNR for a while, trying to get IDPA, USPSA, and SC in there, they finally said " You guys's bullets travel too fast. We can't have you shooting matches out there."

Then in about October 2010 we USPSA'ers got our foot in the door.

So what changed in 3 and a half years?

Our bullets obviously didn't slow down any.

One more question, If Mose has so little experience in USPSA and 3gun... Who made him the MD? And why?

Not that he can't/won't do a good job but it's kind of like making a guy a crew chief in nascar because he has a horse racing background.

It seems silly to me to ask a guy to be MD of something he has so little experience with. 3gun you might get by with as it is similar to CAS but the USPSA guys are gonna beat the crap out of you on stage design, rules, etc. All it takes is one butt hurt range lawyer who post online or complains to HQ about the rules not being followed. Seems like the range is risking it's ability to even hold USPSA matches.

Clutch--That's a question I don't have an answer for, because, frankly, I'm not interested in whatever politics are/were involved.

Just set the steel heavy and far away. That will get rid of the Rimfire and SASS guys real quick!!!

Jesse--Great suggestion, but the bays aren't that deep.

Time plus 5 sec for every missed shot, no FTN, no FTE, no minor/major or any other BS made it easy and fun.

KISS worked well for a "fun match".

Personally I hate hit factor, percentages and all the other junk.

I'm out the rule debate, all I want to do is shoot.

Again, the USPSA multigun rulebook has time-plus scoring. (Why do I have to keep pointing that out to everyone?) You don't have to use hit factor! They didn't even use hit factor at the Nationals this year, and everyone loved it! You can read all about it in "Front Sight."

And I want to shoot, too. However, if I read one of your posts correctly, there weren't that many people at the match (one squad, IIRC--how big was it?). I've been in matches with about 15 people and 1/3 of them were running cowboy rules, we were shooting six stages. I showed up at 7am, started shooting at 7:45, didn't leave until about 3:30pm. If that match hadn't taken place on a day with a heat index of 115 and/or there had been more notice and prep, you might have had a bigger turnout. More people running completely dissimilar gear with rules only one or two people understand=long and frustrating day.

That's why I recommend going to a commonly-accepted set of rules.