Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ELS, QLS, MLS compatibility

Ok, guys, I am still working on getting my ELS belt togeather and I found some new questions that I hope someone here can help with..

I bought a bunch of miscellaneous stuff off *bay shown here:

ELS.jpg

I bought this mostly because I wanted the ELS clippies, and the pouches and shellholders were just a bonus. What I didn't really have a plan for was the MLS 16 MOLLE accessory locking forks that were also included. A little searching around on Safariland's website yields MLS 17 MOLLE receiver plate:

23-6370.jpg

Which seems to be about the same size as the QLS clips and according to all the pics, seems to be usable in the same fashion. So, my question is, can I bolt holsters up to these MLS clippies, and buy a couple of the MLS 17's for my belt and call it good or is there some reason that won't work?

The main problem I am trying to surmount is Safariland seems to plan that with the QLS kits, you will have one gun in one holster that you move several different places, so you get 1 holster fork and 2 receiver plates in the kit. I have the opposite idea, multiple holsters that I want to put on 2 belts, so I need more clippies than plates. I know I can buy them individually, but converting over to these clippies is already way more expensive than I was planning on, so if I can use what I have, that would be better that trying to sell these things and then go buy new. If I can use these MLS clippies on the holsters, I will only need to get a couple of plates and I'll be in business...

• 4 weeks later...

Does either MLS 17 or QLS 22 have the same hole pattern as ELS 35 receiver and can attach directly to the ELS belt?

They all seem to use the same basic hole patterns. I don't have either in front of me, but I will soon enough, and I will post up when I know.