Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

portable gun safe

Harley999

Looking for a single gun portable safe that could house a 1911 or S&W model 66 to keep the kids out if they show up unannounced. I looked at the Gunvault nano 300 but it gets mixed reviews. Anyone have a recommendation they would like to share? Thanks

• 6 months later...

I'm looking for a gun locker for the car for those times when I go someplace that I cannot legally carry. I want to be able to put my firearm in something more secure than the glove-box. I found this thread, but i have a few questions, hopefully some people have experience with these and can offer some insight:

• The link to Center of Mass.com shows the gunlockers for the car that look identical to the Gunvault Nano. Anyone know if they are the same or not?
  • Any experience with the key lock versus the combination lock? Anyone buy one version and wish they bought the other?
  • For the Center of Mass unit - the long hinge model looks nice. I'm thinking that is easier and nicer, since everything else seems the same compared to the Gunvault Nano. Are there any drawbacks to the long side hinge?

Any advice, reviews, feedback would be appreciated.

I'm looking for a gun locker for the car for those times when I go someplace that I cannot legally carry. I want to be able to put my firearm in something more secure than the glove-box. I found this thread, but i have a few questions, hopefully some people have experience with these and can offer some insight:

• The link to Center of Mass.com shows the gunlockers for the car that look identical to the Gunvault Nano. Anyone know if they are the same or not?
  • Any experience with the key lock versus the combination lock? Anyone buy one version and wish they bought the other?
  • For the Center of Mass unit - the long hinge model looks nice. I'm thinking that is easier and nicer, since everything else seems the same compared to the Gunvault Nano. Are there any drawbacks to the long side hinge?

Any advice, reviews, feedback would be appreciated.

Similar questions here as this looks like a good option to consider.